How to Make Playdough
Playdough is used to entertain kids to tempt them to stay in the house and play some indoor games. It is a simple way to engage kids in the indoor areas because playdough is easily available in the market. Children love to shape and mold pieces of playdough that is also known as clay. It is a simple and easy way to increase the creativity of your kids because they draw different shapes from their imaginations. No need to buy playdough from any store because it is really easy to make playdough by following quick and easy method of How to Make Playdough.Org. It is a quick process to make playdough for your kids with the use of some kitchen ingredients. You can use some interesting colors according to the preferences of your child.
How to Make Playdough?
Playdough can provide great and creative activity to kids because they can create different shapes, animals, plants or flowers according to their imaginations. You need to collect following ingredients in order to learn How to Make Playdough.Org:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Food coloring (optional)
- Cup, spoon and bowl
Instructions for How to Make Playdough
- Take a bowl and put flour salt and oil in it and mix it gently to have fine mixture of all three ingredients.
- Take 1/3 cup of water and slowly add it to dry mixture and use your fingers to mix it thoroughly to get smooth mixture.
- Use your hands to knead the dough to make it smooth and pliable. Continue this process for almost 3 to 5 minutes to have fine dough.
- Take 2 to 3 drops of food color and add it in the water to have colorful playdough according to the preferences of your kids. Do not mix all colors together and keep every batch separate from others.
- Take sealable zipper storage bag or plastic container with airtight lid to store playdough for longer periods of time.
- Playdough should be soft and smooth so if you find it too stiff then do not hesitate to add little more water or vegetable oil. Do not add too much as excess of oil can make your playdough too sticky.
- Be careful about this playdough because it is not edible and can cause serious harms in case of eating. Instruct your kids to be careful while using playdough and do not put it in their mouth.